Last updated: February 2018
Privacy and Cookies Policy
This Privacy and Cookies Policy sets out how PD Resort Sdn Bhd and JB Parade Sdn Bhd (“we”, “our” or “us”) will handle your personal information ("data") in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) and the laws of Malaysia.
What information do we collect?
1. The data that may be collected include your contact information; information related to your reservation, stay or visit to our Hotel; participation in a contest or marketing program (even if you do not stay at our Hotel); information related to the purchase and receipt of products or services; personal characteristics, nationality, income, passport number and date and place of issue; travel history; payment information, such as your payment card number and other card information; guest preferences; marketing and communication preferences; information about vehicles you may bring onto our Hotel; reviews and opinions about our Hotel; employer or other relevant details if you are an employee of a corporate account, a vendor or other type of business partner (e.g., travel agent or meeting and event planner); additional contact information about you that we may obtain through third parties with whom we do business (e.g. travel agents or similar providers); profile picture; social media account ID or user ID; and other types of information that you choose to provide to us or that we may obtain about you. We may ask for details on joint travellers, including their names.
2. In addition, we collect other personal information in certain cases, such as surveys; on-property collection; closed circuit television and other security measures at our Hotel that may capture or record images of guests and visitors in public areas, as well as information related to your location while at our Hotel (via keycards and other technologies); on-property services, such as concierge services, health clubs, spas, activities, child care services and equipment rental; event profiles; and employment applications.
3. You are obliged to provide data that are identified as mandatory. In respect of data identified as optional, the provision of
such data by you is voluntary. If you do not supply such data identified as mandatory, this may result in us not being able to provide services or otherwise deal with you.
When and how we use your personal information We may use your data in a variety of ways, including
• to process and confirm your hotel booking
• to provide and charge for the hotel accommodation and other goods and services you purchase
• for identification and verification purposes
• for operational and administrative purposes
• to provide customer support and services
• fulfill contractual obligations to you, anyone involved in the process of making your travel arrangements (e.g., travel agents, group travel organizers or your employer) and vendors (e.g., credit card companies, airline operators and other loyalty programs)
• to comply with legal and regulatory requirements
• to conduct marketing activities (for example, market research)
• to send you information on products and services, special promotional offers, newsletters; and/or customer survey forms and questionnaires
• for quality assurance purposes
• to provide for the safety and security of staff, guests and other visitors
• detecting and deterring suspicious, inappropriate or unauthorised use of our facilities
• detecting and deterring criminal behavior
• conducting incident investigations
How we share your personal information
1. Your Personal Information may be disclosed in connection with the following services to our service providers, and other third parties as set forth below:
• companies and/or organisations that act as our agents, contractors , service providers and/or professional advisers
• companies and/or organisations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions that you have requested
• our business associates and other parties for purposes that are directly related to the purpose of collecting your personal information
• other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent
• co-sponsors of promotions
• on-property services such as concierge services, spa treatments, golf, or dining experiences;
• electronic billing program:
• telemarketing; and
2. In addition, we may disclose personal information in order to:
• comply with applicable laws;
• respond to governmental inquiries or requests from public authorities;
• comply with valid legal process;
• protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Hotel, site visitors, guests, employees or the public;
• permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain;
• enforce our websites' terms and conditions; and
• respond to an emergency
Access and Control
1- Where you wish to have access to your personal information in our possession, or where you are of the opinion that such personal information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or where relevant, not up-to-date, you may make a request to us in writing addressed to The Data Protection Officer, ______ (Tel: ______).
2- If you do not want to receive any marketing or follow up regarding products and special promotions from us, please notify us in writing. No fee will be charged.
3- To help us to provide a better service to you, please ensure that your personal data such as contact details including your home and office addresses, your telephone numbers (including your mobile telephone number), e-mail address and other details registered with us are up to date.
Information We Collect When You Visit Us Online
When you visit our website, we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns to ascertain the number of visitors to the various parts of our website. Such information is not linked to you as an individual. We use such information to evaluate and improve the features, guest experience and functionality of our website.
We collect information about your use of our website from cookies. You are not obliged to accept cookies. If you are concerned, you can set your computer either to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. However, rejection of cookies may affect your use of our website as we will be unable to personalize aspects of your use of our website.
Links To Third Party Websites
Please be informed that this Privacy Notice applies solely to our website and does not apply to any third party websites you may access from our Website.
Should you have any queries, concerns or complaints in relation to this Privacy Notice, kindly contact us during office hours (between 9.00am to 6.00pm – Monday to Friday) at the following contact points.